Sunday

Expanding Again

I have been fortunate to oversee the expansions of the Painted Pony Resort from an initial 80 acre complex with 9 bedrooms and and 13 beds to a 756 acre complex with 12 bedrooms and 17 beds.  But a recent decision to create a bunk room in the Bungalow will increase the number of beds available for family reunions to 21.  Family reunions can be stressful when trying to find room for all the children and the estate is responding to the need by dedicating a space for little ones.  Several sets of bunk beds are being placed in a large room in the bungalow.  This space served the original owner a closet but is now re-tasked as an additional bedroom for children.

Our goal is a family friendly environment with privacy for reunions and the 756 acres of deeded land surrounded by federal and state lands provides such an opportunity.  With access to both the Pelocillo and Chiricahua mountains it is a great place to hold reunions.


4 comments:

  1. That's a HUGE increase in acreage! Did you expand into the old "Wolf Ranch" area? We'll NEVER see you now as you'll be busier than ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, all of the old Wolf Song Ranch is now part of the Painted Pony Resort, it is 1.75 miles across the estate now. I rehabbed the cabin by the riverbed and it is an additional 3 bedrooms for guests. I also have about 2 more miles of fencing to get done. There is an 80 acre state land in holding with a grazing lease so it needs fencing and access as well as the south end of the property going over to gas line rd. That is why no one ever sees me anymore I'm out on the landscape building and restoring the grasslands. I had guests for Christmas this year so we continue to make progress and the new bunk room will help..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you should have a day off here or there. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I've been resting the knee a lot. I found a knot above my knee cap so I think I may have torn some muscle tissue when I pulled the tendons. It is slowly getting better. I need to get it better so I can get back out on the landscape and hike.

    ReplyDelete