Thursday

A Little Snow over the Holidays

2014 was a good year for rain in the high desert of southwestern New Mexico.  The Painted Pony Resort received 14.69" of rain this year and to top things off, the estate received its first snow fall on New Years day.  While the mountains received a light dusting of snow on Christmas day and additional snow over the next week in the high country, out in the valley, we were greeted by snow on the first morning of the new year.  Hoping for a continuation of the rainfall patterns which will result in beautiful spring wild flowers and poppies carpeting the valley.

A snowy New Years morning in the San Simon valley

4 comments:

  1. Brr, I have been cold INDOORS and OUT. Come on warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not get warm yesterday, had on long johns and many layers but was still cold. The body adapts to life in the desert and temps. that would not bother many people leave us desert dwellers shivering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I am from Buffalo NY so I know snow and cold; just not used to it anymore. That's why I'm FROM there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand completely, as a born and bred southerner I believe water in its' solid form is something to be avoided.

    ReplyDelete